Showing all 2 results
Engelszell, the only Trappist monastery in Austria, was founded in 1293 and has a very colorful history. The collegiate church with its 76 m high tower is one of the purest style rococo churches in Austria. It was built from 1754 to 1764 and is equipped with valuable works of art by Johann Georg Üblher, Joseph German man and Bartolomeo Altomonte. After damage to the nave ceiling was designed in 1957 with a painting of Prof. Fritz Fröhlich new impressively.